Saturday, October 10, 2009

Saturday in Xelaland

We've been under self-imposed quarantine for a week while some virus kicked Mama's butt. Today, we emerged.

It looked stormy in the morning, so we checked out a free kids' concert based on the classic children's book, Ferdinand the Bull. It was my first "real" concert - we weren't sure how I'd like classical music. Turns out, you can dance and clap to most anything - who knew? And when the music paused and the room got real quiet, and someone shouted at the top of their lungs, "IS IT DONE?!" Yeah, that was me.

Afterwards, we went on stage and "met" the instruments. If you're keeping score at home: bassoon - taller than Xela; alto clarinet - taller than Xela; Xela - taller than oboe!

No good pictures, it was early and Mama needed coffee:


We're outta here...


Driving back, we stumbled on a "Touch a Truck" petting zoo.

Did you know the Postal Service uses child labor to clean its trucks?


Kidding!
Peligro! Danger! low-fly zone!

when I grow up, I'm gonna drive a garbage truck,
Mama will be so proud!

After lunch and nap, one more adventure: We heard rumors of a nearby farm, tucked inside a nearby subdivision of ranch homes, and went to investigate... sure enough, it's a real working farm just 10 minutes away, whittled down from a once-much-larger parcel but still plenty big for us city folk. We met chickens, ate apples, tiptoed through cut flower gardens, and picked pumpkins from the patch.

doin' the punkin dance

see the house right across the field? worlds collide...

by the way, here's my new 'I'm so scared!' look

and here's my 'I resemble Xela but I'm really a zombie-doll' look


Finally, this little monkey was ready for bed... but not before some books!

this is the book I got yesterday at the doctor's office...

it's called Busy Toes - really, that's the title.
LOL!


May all your toes be busy, happy and not too stinky!
xoxox
xela

No comments: