Monday, December 31, 2007

¡Feliz Año Nuevo!

Adiós 2007.
You were a fantastic year. So much happened.
I was born, for starters. That was big.
Then, I traveled 2500 miles to find a Mama who uncannily resembles me.
I received sweet welcomes in English, Spanish, and Burmese.















Also Tuvan throat-singing:









Welcome 2008.
the Year of the Rat. That sounds promising. I have a soft spot for warm, furry rodents. I've got a good feeling about 2008, too: I can't wait for Isaac to join Joe in DC, and the "other" Xela to fly home to her California nest. What else will the new year bring?
- - Maybe I'll expand my vocal range into the key of G
- - Maybe I'll meet my Swiss auntie
- - Maybe Gabe will give me kisses
- - Maybe I'll travel to Jupiter
- - Maybe the Republicans will be packing their bags

Stick around, it's all gonna happen...


See you next year!
love, xela




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year from the West Coast Xela syndicate!