Sunday, February 28, 2010

'FREE' at last

Growing up is all about transformation. Here I am on Saturday night, a mere two year old:


Sunday morning, I woke up and turned... into a cake!


so... I'm three! aka "free" aka "a big preschool girl." I just wish Mama remembered to take more party pictures. It's fine to enjoy the moment. But I'd love a few photos of my preschool friends Skyler and Manuela (and their families)...and what about Theresa and Mary Lee, who brought Clair-Bear & "the silly boy," Owen? Stella came, too, and Tias Lynn, Kitty, and Tata, plus we finally met Breanne's boyfriend from Nebraska, Isaac. Sodenland was hopping! But you'll have to take my word for it; these are the only photos we could scrounge up:

make a wish...

and BLOW!

did it all by myself!

OUCH!

Abby, Sam, the birthday girl, & Tata (thrilled, hypoxic or both)

cousins - gotta love 'em!

btw, that's Manuela & Macarena in the background

more soon, if I find any more pix...
xo xelacakes

2 comments:

abuela and abuelo said...

Looks like a fantastic party. We love the birthday cake. Did you save a few pieces for abuela and abuelo? Hope so. Xela, you are a very special person. Mama has brought out the sweetness and brilliance in you but you have your own agenda and wonderful spirit. We love you.

Max Gordon said...

Adorable pictures, you guys. I'm sorry I had to miss the fiesta. :-(