Monday, July 16, 2007

Meeting my new Mama and Abuela

Today was a big day...
after months of anticipation, my new Mama held me in her arms!
I checked her out for a moment.
Like the little baby bird, I wondered:
Are you my mother?


Yes! She is my mother!

We hit it off right away.
She was a little awkward with the first bottle,
but I showed her what to do.



We played and laughed and cuddled... so much fun!



Then, Mama handed me to Abuelita,
who gave me even more kisses and cuddles.





So much love, all for me!

Mama and Abuelita talked in a strange language with funny sounds.
But the love in their hearts... that needed no translation.


It will be so sad when they leave in 4 days. How will we say goodbye?
I hope it won't be long before we're a forever family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another Xela! What are the odds??? Our girls are about the same age, and the mommy over here is flying to Guatemala this week for a visit. We see you did the same. How difficult to return home empty handed! We can't figure out where Sodenland is. Any hints? Please email us. Vegcrow. It's on Gmail. And congratulations on your little treasure!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, we're the parents over at xelafiles.blogspot.com